Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Lunar New Year! Year of the Snake!

Hello everybody! Gung Hay Fat Choy!

What a week! I had my very first Chinese New Year! Do you like my hat? My beautiful Grand Auntie Christina gave it to me! It's supposed to be a tiger and I think I look ferocious, RAWR!












On Saturday, I got to see both my Great Grandmother Kan and Grand Auntie Christina for the first time since they visited me at the hospital. They said I've grown so much since the last time they saw me.

I was especially happy to see Great Grandmother. When she first held me I was smiling alot! Unfortunately, Daddy didn't catch it with his camera... shame! But Grandpa did, but it didn't make this week's blog. We'll just need to add the picture next week!

Grandma Kan made all the food and it smelled soooo good. When my Grand Auntie Christina brought me by the roasted pig, I started licking my lips like crazy! Mommy says I'll have to wait until next year though...



Below are some pictures of me with my parents and Grandparents on New Years day. We got all dressed up and had a little photoshoot. Mommy and Daddy are so proud that I behaved for such a long time! We got some great pictures!

On Friday, we were so happy to be able to celebrate my Great Grand Uncle CK and Great Grand Auntie Kay's 45th anniversary! This was the first time I got to meet them. I felt so honored that they invited me to celebrate such an important event with them! It was also one of the first times I've been out of the house. My parents think I did very well...

At the dinner, I also got to meet Grand Uncle Dominic and Uncle Adrian. I couldn't get enough of Uncle Adrian. Hopefully Uncle will teach me to play soccer one day.











As for the rest of the week, I have been more and more alert of everything around me. I just love taking everything in... and cooing at the things I like.  Aside from batting my toys which you saw last week, I'm starting to really enjoy the mobile Uncle Jon got me.

And of course, I'm starting to smile more and more. Especially after I've eaten and get to play with my toys!











That's it for this week! Happy New Year everyone. May your 2013 be filled with happiness, love, and SMILES!

2 comments:

  1. You're sooo cute, Joshua! Love the tiger hat. And your parents and grandparents look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Joshua! Already smiling and cooing? With all these picture taking of you I wouldn't be surprised if one of the first things you learn to do is push the button on a camera!

    ReplyDelete