Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 3- More visitors, More presents!

This week we started with a doctors visit for my 2 week checkup. I am now 8lbs 6oz, up over a pound from my discharge weight. That made Mommy very happy because that means all the hard-work she's been putting into feeding me has paid off. Good job Mom!

I'm in the 40th percentile for weight, and 55th percentile for length at 20 3/4inches. A head circumference of 36.9cm puts me in 78th percentile. What does all this mean? No idea... they are just numbers to use to get an extra paragraph and make this post seem longer.

Quick new-parent experience story: I haven't been sleeping very well at night and it's making Mommy and Daddy very tired. Apparently one night when I started crying, Daddy started sleep-singing me "Twinkle Twinkle" before falling back asleep after the first line. Daddy doesn't recall any of this but it made Mommy laugh alot. Also on a separate night, Daddy tried to burp Mommy as well...

OK on to me! One thing I didn't mention in the last post was that my grandparents have been coming out to visit me almost everyday! On Tuesday, Grandpa and Grandma Waki and Great Grandmother Matsumoto came out to visit me for dinner. I was asleep for most of the time but woke up in time to see everyone before they left.




Grandma Waki was really happy to be able change my diaper!





And Great Grandmother Matsumoto loved holding me!



Grandpa Waki got in on the action as well.














Here I am with everyone!




Also, Yea-yea and Ma-ma have been visiting me almost everyday! I love being held by them and they always sing songs for me.



 See the beautiful sweater I'm wearing? Ma-ma crocheted it for me. Doesn't it look like it was professionally done?!



On Saturday, I got a surprise visit from Uncle Mark and Auntie Mara and their son Tanner! Uncle and Auntie are expecting #2 and Tanner is going to be getting a little sister (congratulations!). I have alot of catching up to do to play with Tanner but I will try! He will be such a great big brother, he was trying to carry Mommy's diaper bag around. What a great helper!





On Sunday, Grand Uncle Sam, Grand Auntie Karen and Great Grandmother Matsumoto came by to visit me again! This time Grand Auntie got to carry me and I got a picture this time!


Daddy and Mommy tell me I've also been getting alot of presents coming in. I won't have a chance to show off all of them on the blog but thank you to everyone sending things to us. I will use them all! Here are a few I happened to get pictures with:

Grand Uncle Paul and Grand Auntie Leona gave me this beautiful jade Dragon pendant. I was born in the Year of Dragon and it fit me perfectly! Thank you!














Uncle Stephen and Auntie Anita got me this cool Radio Flyer wagon with goodies inside! (On a side note, Ma-ma also crocheted this sweater for me as well. At the rate I'm going, I'm sure I'll fit it soon!)










And Uncle Ryan and Auntie Sabrina gave me a Bumbo chair. I'm already working out my neck muscles a little!
 

Lastly, Mommy and Daddy have noticed flashes of a smile but haven't been able to catch it with a camera. Luckily Yea-yea always has his camera around and got a shot of one of my first smiles! Hope it brings a smile to your face too!

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay Joshua, you are growing fast already! And you'll definitely enjoy those gifts, not to mention helping mommy and daddy's pocket book! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading your posts! You are growing up so fast! Great job Mommy Colleen on fattening Joshua up. Love the smile pic! And he's so tiny in the BUMBO!

    ReplyDelete