Sunday, January 13, 2013

The first two weeks!

Hello everyone! My name is Joshua Kenichi Ga Wing Kan.

I was born @ 7lbs 13oz which was very big for mommy. Look at my poor head after mommy tried pushing me out! No worries, my head returned to its cute round shape very quickly.
Here I am all nice and clean. Much happier! My eyes were already open and eager to take in the world! Here I am in dad's arms as we were waiting for mommy to join us. We didn't have to wait long and soon we were able to spend our first moments as a brand new family.

















 



Speaking of family, I didn't know it, but I had even more family waiting outside to meet me! Daddy tells me they waited all day and night to see me for the first time. I was sleeping when I was finally rolled out to to see them but they were really excited to see me! These are my two grandmothers, grandfather, aunt and uncle. My other grandfather was taking the picture (more on this later).


Like I mentioned, my dad says my Grandfather (Yea-Yea) Kan loves to take pictures so he's always behind the camera. However, he is now getting in front of the camera as well. Mom and Dad tells me this is extremely rare and a sign that he is extremely excited to have a grandchild.







 I also had other visitors that couldn't wait to meet me, so they came to say hi at the hospital.
This is my Great-grandmother Matsumoto. She was so happy to see me. This was the only picture that we got where she was looking at the camera and not me! She couldn't take her eyes off me.
My Great-grandmother Kan and Great Aunties YK and Christina came to visit me as well. They couldn't keep their eyes off me as well as this is one of the rare pictures everyone is looking at the camera! I'm happy that I could bring such smiles to their faces, just for being me!







Here is our first family picture which also happened to be the day Mommy and I were discharged! People say that Mommy and I look beautiful and that Daddy looked tired. Well Daddy was all smiles that day because he wouldn't need to sleep on the hospital couch anymore!

Mom and Dad say what I'm wearing is actually very important. It is a Green Silk gown that has been passed down for several generations on the Waki-side of the family. It was worn by my grandfather when he was discharged from the hospital, as well as his sister and brother (my Grandaunt Amy and Granduncle David) . It was also worn by all of mom's cousins and sister. She even wore it herself when she was a newborn! What a tradition! I'm happy to be able to continue it.

So once I got home I had even MORE visitors! Dad tells me my Uncle Brian and brand-new Aunt Mary got married this weekend and people were nice enough to make a detour just to see me! Aren't I special?! Most everyone is from Hong Kong or other parts of the US. I was honored they took the time to come by and visit me!

From left to right: Granduncle Clifford, Grandaunt May, Great Grandaunt, Great Granduncle










From left to right: Grandaunt Betty, Yea-Yea, Ma-Ma, Mom, Dad, Grandaunt Anna, Great Grandaunt, Granduncle Benjamin, Great Granduncle, Uncle Johnson, Granduncle Pikto
From left to right: Uncle Tim, Aunt Naomi, My mom/dad, Granduncle Allen, Grandauntie Kaman


From right to left: Uncle Ryan, Cousin Julia, Auntie Sabrina, Cousin Elliot, Dad, Mom, Ma-Ma










 This is my Auntie Nathalie. Isn't she beautiful? I don't have a picture with her because she wasn't feeling too well so she was keeping her distance from me... either that or I had a poopy diaper. Mommy says Daddy was a dummy for forgetting to say she visited me too when we first posted. She is right, Dad is a dummy! Auntie please promise to get some pictures with me next time!!













Phew! My Grandaunt Karen also came by to visit but I didn't get a picture with her this time because she felt a cold coming on and wanted to be extra careful. We'll make sure to get a picture next time! Get well soon!

So you can see my first couple weeks have been filled with excitement and love already. Before I go, here are a few pictures that my parents wanted to share with you. They tell me we only have God to thank for all these precious moments. Praise Him for giving me such a loving family! Dad and mom tell me that even with everyone I've met so far, it's only the tip of the iceberg of MORE family I'm going to be meeting in the near future!






   See ya later, alligator!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joshua!! So happy you have a blog! I love all the pictures, especially the sleeping picture in the last set, and the last picture. You are soo cute and we are all blessed you are in our family now. And by the way, that is one really cool tradition with the green silk gown. So neat! Can't wait to see you grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the family J! Great pictures and a amazing story to boot, with the green silk gown! I really hope you ask your mommy and daddy to take lots of pictures and video (especially video) when you are this young, cuz you are only this small once! When you get bigger we'll let cousin Elliot play with you more!

    ReplyDelete